Tuesday, August 30, 2011
OPEN LETTER TO THE FILIPINOS - STAND AND FIGHT!
My name is Philip Sevilla. I live in San Antonio, Texas. I grew up in Quezon City, Manila, and immigrated to the U.S. when I was 18 years old to go to school in the U.S. I have been involved in the prolife movement in America for twenty one years. First in the San Francisco Bay Area (California) and, until recently, I was the executive director for a Catholic Pro Life ministry and crisis pregnancy center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am addressing this open letter to all Filipinos around the world and especially to our praiseworthy brothers and sisters in the pro-life movement in the Philippines united with our beloved Filipino bishops in fighting the Reproductive Health Bill currently being considered by the national government in Manila which will pour millions of dollars of abortifacient contraceptives into so-called "family planning services" to corrupt and destroy the Catholic Filipino family.
It is a scandal and abomination to all of us Filipino-Americans who have been in the front lines helping to save babies and mothers from the devastating consequences of abortion in the U.S. that American population control agencies including USAID and, no doubt many well-known American foundations, are conspiring to kill our Filipino children and sterilize our women and men like barnyard animals. Why? Is it about overpopulation or really the specter of Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, and her racist progeny seeking to control the hordes of minorities who don’t deserve to walk the Earth or breathe the same air as the enlightened elite in America and Europe? Did you know that most Planned Parenthood facilities are in minority centered neighborhoods in America? Do the population controllers ever consider the gift of the Philippines to the world? She has been sending millions of her well educated sons and daughters to all corners of the world as priests, doctors, nurses, engineers, architects, artists, musicians, nannies. When have the Filipinos ever been a burden to America or the world? In World War II thousands of Americans and Filipinos fought and died together to preserve freedom in Asia.
Widespread contraception and abortion have deeply infected and corrupted America. So many women and men have been wounded by immoral living that precedes the devastating effects of contraception and abortion. Fr. Paul Marx (requiescat in pace) was an early pioneer and patriarch of the prolife movement. Blessed Pope John Paul II called him the "apostle of life". I and my colleagues in the Catholic prolife movement in America have realized that Fr. Marx was a prophetic voice in the wilderness. He often warned us that as sure as night follows day, abortion follows contraception. The contraceptive society is an abortive society.
In 1965 the U.S. Supreme Court in Griswold vs. Connecticut ruled that the state could not prohibit the use of contraceptives. Estelle Griswold was the executive director of Planned Parenthood in Connecticut who brought the suit to court. The early contraceptive pill was developed by Planned Parenthood researchers. Eight short years later in 1973, the same U.S. Supreme Court in Roe vs. Wade slid down the slippery slope of moral turpitude by striking down state abortion laws. Now the International Federation of Planned Parenthood can’t wait to get its infernal clutches on our girls to destroy their innocence and purity and kill their babies.
Dr. Bogomir Kuhar, one of the founders of Pharmacists for Life International, studied the relationship between OCPs (Oral Contraceptive Pills) and chemical abortions. He found that when combining OCPs (the most popular form of contraceptive) with all forms of contraceptives the IUD, DepoProvera, Norplant, injectables, implants, and oral products that work in a similar fashion, between 9.6 and 13.4 million developing human beings in their mothers' wombs are terminated in the U.S. each year.
While surgical abortions number 1.3 million a year in the U.S., many more unborn children, up to at ten times more, as estimated by Pharmacists for Life researchers, are being killed by chemical and other types of contraceptives. Many contracepting women don't even know they are aborting.
The medical, socio-economic, moral, and demographic effects of widespread contraceptive use are well known in America:
· The pill has destroyed marriages. In America, one of every two marriages ends in divorce.
· The pill has greatly contributed to promiscuity, adultery, and to the alarming rate of declining marriages and traditional families in America.
· Greater number of young girls in their teens experiment with sex when contraceptives are readily available.
· The contraceptive society is a dying society. Witness Japan's rapidly aging population presently unable to reproduce to maintain a healthy economy. The same terrible future is confronting most of Europe and America.
· Inspite of widespread use of contraception and abortion, immoral living has resulted in the exploding rate of single parent families in America who fall into severe economic hardships, trapped into lives of poverty and high rates of juvenile delinquency and gangland crime.
· Contraceptives and abortion allow sexual predators and sex offenders to hide their insidious crimes.
· Contraceptives give users a "false sense of security" and when they fail, and they do for a number of reasons, abortions follow.
· For Catholic Christians, the use of artificial means of contraception (and abortion) is an intrinsic moral evil and is always a grave mortal sin.
· The growing evidence linking breast cancer and contraceptives, confirmed by U.S. government studies, is very alarming.
· The link between the epidemic of sexually transmitted disease and widespread casual sex with or without contraceptive use is another major indicator that a contraceptive society is a sick and unhealthy society.
This will be the future of our Filipino people if population controllers are successful in corrupting weak Filipino political leaders who will sell our birthright like Esau for a bowl of porridge. Shame on President Aquino and his legislative allies if they lead the nation into this bottomless moral abyss. It brings to mind the Aztec lords who sacrificed countless children to their bloodthirsty gods who could never be satisfied.
If Filipino political leaders and health officials are really serious about helping the Filipinos plan their families responsibly while faithfully adhering to Catholic moral principles, let them investigate and embrace the effective natural science behind NAPRO technology and new fertility monitoring systems like Novuscor’s FertileView software which can assist couples in conceiving or in delaying pregnancy. These morally sound technologies are in keeping with our Holy Mother Church's eternal precept that Catholics must always be open in marriage to God’s gifts and the possible conception of children.
/S/ Phil Sevilla, San Antonio, TX
August 28th, 2011
Posted by Phil Sevilla at 7:12 PM